Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Shalom Sagges <sh...@liveperson.com> on 2016/11/29 09:52:57 UTC

Cassandra Upgrade

Hi Everyone,

Hypothetically speaking, can I add a new node with version 2.2.8 to a
2.0.14 cluster?
Meaning, instead of upgrading the cluster, I'd like to remove a node, clear
all its data, install 2.2.8 and add it back to the cluster, with the
process eventually performed on all nodes one by one.

Is this possible?

Thanks!

Shalom Sagges
DBA
T: +972-74-700-4035
<http://www.linkedin.com/company/164748> <http://twitter.com/liveperson>
<http://www.facebook.com/LivePersonInc> We Create Meaningful Connections
<https://engage.liveperson.com/idc-mobile-first-consumer/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=mkto&utm_campaign=idcsig>

--
This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information.
If you are not the addressee or authorized to receive this on behalf of the

Re: Cassandra Upgrade

Posted by Shalom Sagges <sh...@liveperson.com>.
Thanks for the info Kurt,

I guess I'd go with the normal upgrade procedure then.

Thanks again for the help everyone.

Re: Cassandra Upgrade

Re: Cassandra Upgrade

Posted by Shalom Sagges <sh...@liveperson.com>.
Thanks Ben and Brooke!
@Brooke, I'd like to do that because I want to install Centos 7 on those
machines instead of the current Centos 6. To achieve that, I need to make a
new installation of the OS, meaning taking the server down.
So if that's the case, and I can't perform the upgrade online, why not
install everything anew?
By the way, if I do take the longer way and add a new 2.2.8 node to the
cluster, do I still need to perform upgradesstables on the new node?

Re: Cassandra Upgrade

Posted by Brooke Jensen <br...@instaclustr.com>.
Hi Shalom.

Re: Cassandra Upgrade