Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Terrence Brannon <me...@urth.org> on 2003/11/04 01:45:46 UTC

Re: Perl DBIx::Recordset article

Nelson Ferraz wrote:

> Dear Mr. Terrence Brannon,

Hi Nelson,

> I've read your article about DBIx::Recordset at Perl.com (Feb. 27,
> 2001), and I thought that this module could be very useful in an open
> source project I'm currently developing: a web based CRM, which can be
> used to manage information about customers, partners, business leads,
> etc.

Since then I have developed a cookbook-style set of docs  which  include
runnable code samples:

http://search.cpan.org/~tbone/DBIx-Recordset-Playground-1.10/Playground.pm

They are based on a ready-to-install sample database:

     http://search.cpan.org/~tbone/DBSchema-Sample-1.7/

> (There's an online demo available here:
>
> http://www.gnubis.com.br/cgi-local/crm/bin/crm.pl

very pretty fonts.

yes, Recordset makes tasks like what you are doing a snap.

> The source code is available at Sourceforge under the GNU GPL:
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/gnubis/)
>
> My goal is to improve the database objects, which still have a lot of
> hardcoded SQL. I've already started this task, but before I advance
> too much I'd like to hear from you about your experience with this
> module in real-world applications. Are you still using it?

absolutely.

> Any input will be greatly appreciated!

All discussion of Recordset is (unfortunately?) carried out on the
Embperl list:

Embperl users and developers to share ideas, solve problems and discuss
things related to Embperl To subscribe to this list, send mail to
embperl-subscribe@perl.apache.org. To unsubscribe send email to

There is an archive for the Embperl mailing list at
http://www.ecos.de/~mailarc/embperl/
<http://www.ecos.de/%7Emailarc/embperl/>