Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Robert Greig <ro...@gmail.com> on 2007/01/08 15:27:19 UTC

C++ build failure

Hi,

I did an update today on C++ trunk (rev 494075) and I'm finding it
does not build:

In file included from ./ClientChannel.h:30,
                 from ClientChannel.cpp:21:
./Connection.h:39:33: AMQP_HighestVersion.h: No such file or directory
In file included from ./ClientChannel.h:30,
                 from ClientChannel.cpp:21:
./Connection.h:108: error: `highestProtocolVersion' is not a member of
`qpid::framing'
gmake[3]: *** [ClientChannel.lo] Error 1
gmake[3]: Leaving directory
`/home/pyramid/rgreig/blaze/qpid/trunk/qpid/cpp/lib/client'
gmake[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
gmake[2]: Leaving directory `/home/pyramid/rgreig/blaze/qpid/trunk/qpid/cpp/lib'
gmake[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/home/pyramid/rgreig/blaze/qpid/trunk/qpid/cpp'
gmake: *** [all] Error 2

Anyone else seeing this?

RG

Re: C++ build failure

Posted by Robert Greig <ro...@gmail.com>.
On 08/01/07, Jim Meyering <ji...@meyering.net> wrote:
> I think this is because you have not updated the gentools/ hierarchy.
> That would explain why this new file (AMQP_HighestVersion.h) isn't
> yet being generated.

Doh! Sorry for wasting your time. That was it.

RG

Re: C++ build failure

Posted by Jim Meyering <ji...@meyering.net>.
"Robert Greig" <ro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I did an update today on C++ trunk (rev 494075) and I'm finding it
> does not build:
>
> In file included from ./ClientChannel.h:30,
>                 from ClientChannel.cpp:21:
> ./Connection.h:39:33: AMQP_HighestVersion.h: No such file or directory
> In file included from ./ClientChannel.h:30,
>                 from ClientChannel.cpp:21:
> ./Connection.h:108: error: `highestProtocolVersion' is not a member of
> `qpid::framing'

I think this is because you have not updated the gentools/ hierarchy.
That would explain why this new file (AMQP_HighestVersion.h) isn't
yet being generated.

Note that you also need to update specs/.
And python/ if you want to run the tests.

Re: C++ build failure

Posted by Jim Meyering <ji...@meyering.net>.
"Robert Greig" <ro...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 08/01/07, Alan Conway <ac...@redhat.com> wrote:
>> That has been fixed by Jim Meyering -  problem with Makefile
>> dependencies when the set of generated files in gen/ changes.  You
>> should probably do a full
>>  make distclean; ./bootstrap -build
>> to get things going again. You might be able to get away with
>>  rm -rf gen; ./bootstrap -build
>
> I have tried that and it still fails for me. I even did a fresh checkout.

Please send me copies of your gen/Makefile and gen/gen-src.mk,
and I'll take a look.

Is your PATH set properly?  I.e., are they set so that you're using
the tools you built by running qpid-autotools-install?

Re: C++ build failure

Posted by Robert Greig <ro...@gmail.com>.

Re: C++ build failure

Posted by Alan Conway <ac...@redhat.com>.
That has been fixed by Jim Meyering -  problem with Makefile
dependencies when the set of generated files in gen/ changes.  You
should probably do a full
 make distclean; ./bootstrap -build
to get things going again. You might be able to get away with
 rm -rf gen; ./bootstrap -build

Cheers,
Alan.