Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Mark Johnston <mg...@hotmail.com> on 2001/08/28 01:24:48 UTC

Integrating Log4J with Bea Weblogic Application Server

Hi:

Has anyone configured/installed Log4j to work with the BEA Weblogic
Application Server?

More specifically we have a web app that uses Struts as the framework and I
would like to use Log4j to do all the logging/debugging for this app.

Any pointers or howto's specifically related to Weblogic and/or Struts would
be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Mark

Re: Integrating Log4J with Bea Weblogic Application Server

Posted by Ganapathi Raman <ma...@yahoo.com>.
oops...

it is me again...Mark...there was a small mistake on
my part...

DO NOT ADD THE CLASSPATH as i had mentioned in setEnv
file...that is the WRONG file...add it to
startWebLogic batch file. if u add log4j jars to this
file when weblogic starts it loads the log4j jar files
into its classpath..

Sorry for that silly mistake...

Cheers,
ganapathi.

--- Ganapathi Raman <ma...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi Mark..
>
> I am using log4j with BEA Weblogic ver 6.0 on NT..i
> have no idea abt Struts framework...but i can tell u
> abt using log4j under weblogic..hope it is useful...
>
> To begin with
>
> A. Open setEnv batch file(it is a windows command
> script file) using a text editor(I use textpad).
> This
> is found in
> ${Weblogic Install
> folder}/bea/wlserver6.0/config/mydomain.
>
> B. In that file there will be a command to set
> classpath for weblogic...there add the log4j jars..u
> can place the log4j jars in the lib folder of
> weblogic
>
> example:
>
> :setEnv
> set

CLASSPATH=%JAVA_HOME%\lib\tools.jar;%WL_HOME%\lib\weblogic_sp.jar;%WL_HOME%\lib\weblogic.jar;%WL_HOME%\lib\log4j.jar;%WL_HOME%\lib\log4j-core.jar;%CLASSPATH%

> Thats it...u can now deploy any application in
> weblogic with log4j code in it...in case of any web
> application that reads from a property file put that
> property file in
>
> ${Weblogic Install

folder}/bea/wlserver6.0/config/mydomain/applications/DefaultWebApp_myserver/web-inf/classes

Posted by Ganapathi Raman <ma...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Mark..