Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by "Marc D. Murray" <ma...@phronein.com> on 2005/05/03 05:49:18 UTC

unitemplate sample vs BXE

I downloaded the Universität Zürich lenya samples, and put them in the
pubs directory.

I like the 1/2/3 column thing in the unitemplate sample. However, I
cannot seem to get BXE to allow me to edit.

There was another instance of BXE refusing to allow me to edit, but that
was due to some invalid hand-edited XML.

What I want to know is, where should I look to find out why BXE is not
allowing me to edit the page contents?

Thanks.

Marc DM
----
in search of the perfect solution

Re: unitemplate sample vs BXE

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Marc D. Murray wrote:

> I'm using the one that comes built in with Lenya 1.2.2

well, you might want to upgrade to Lenya 1.2.3 which includes BXE
1.1.0-dev/???
or use the subversion version of Lenya which has an external link to the
subversion version of BXE 1.1.0-dev

HTH

Michi

--
Michael Wechner

Re: unitemplate sample vs BXE

Posted by "Marc D. Murray" <ma...@phronein.com>.
On Tue, 2005-05-03 at 08:27 +0200, Christian Stocker wrote:

> On 3.5.2005 6:36 Uhr, Marc D. Murray wrote:

> >>are you using firefox 1.0.3?
> >>
> >>http://blog.bitflux.ch/archive/bxe-on-firefox-1-0-3-no-workie-.html
> >

> > You hit the nail on the head my friend. Just downloaded and installed a
> > daily build. Workin again. Thanks.
>
> If you use a recent enough BXE from SVN (2 weeks old), you should have
> gotten a warning about FF 1.0.3 not working (if you use it)
>
> Which BXE version did you use? A newer or older one? I'm just wondering,
> if my bug-detection didn't really work ;)
>
> chregu

I'm using the one that comes built in with Lenya 1.2.2

Great job on BXE by the way.

MDM

Posted by Christian Stocker <ch...@bitflux.ch>.

On 3.5.2005 6:36 Uhr, Marc D. Murray wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-05-03 at 00:02 -0400, Gregor J. Rothfuss wrote:
>
>>Marc D. Murray wrote:
>>
>>>I downloaded the Universität Zürich lenya samples, and put them in the
>>>pubs directory.
>>>
>>>I like the 1/2/3 column thing in the unitemplate sample. However, I
>>>cannot seem to get BXE to allow me to edit.
>>>
>>>There was another instance of BXE refusing to allow me to edit, but that
>>>was due to some invalid hand-edited XML.
>>>
>>>What I want to know is, where should I look to find out why BXE is not
>>>allowing me to edit the page contents?
>>
>>are you using firefox 1.0.3?
>>
>>http://blog.bitflux.ch/archive/bxe-on-firefox-1-0-3-no-workie-.html
>

> You hit the nail on the head my friend. Just downloaded and installed a
> daily build. Workin again. Thanks.

If you use a recent enough BXE from SVN (2 weeks old), you should have
gotten a warning about FF 1.0.3 not working (if you use it)

Which BXE version did you use? A newer or older one? I'm just wondering,
if my bug-detection didn't really work ;)

chregu

>>if that is not the problem, it is always instructive to change the
>>lenya.step from open to config or xml
>>
>>if either of these URL fail, you'll have a better idea
>>
>>http://lenya.apache.org/1_2_x/components/editors/bxe.html
>

> And this helps in understanding the insides. Thanks again.
>
> Regards,
>
> Marc DM

christian stocker | Bitflux GmbH | schoeneggstrasse 5 | ch-8004 zurich
phone +41 1 240 56 70 | mobile +41 76 561 88 60  | fax +41 1 240 56 71
http://www.bitflux.ch  |  chregu@bitflux.ch  |  gnupg-keyid 0x5CE1DECB

Re: unitemplate sample vs BXE

Posted by "Marc D. Murray" <ma...@phronein.com>.

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.