Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Otho <ta...@googlemail.com> on 2008/09/06 00:38:25 UTC

[T5] Tap 5.0.14 and t5components/editor (0.5.14) problem

Hi all!

I have a strange problem. In my template I use the editor component like
shown below but the editor is not loaded. The source of the page does not
contain any <script> tags, though when tracing through the code the
writeScript method of the Editor component is called and the processed
values seem reasonable. But form some reason the pageRenderSupport doesn't
seem to render it to the page.

Any idead how to fix that?

Regards,
Otho

<textarea t:type="t5components/editor" width="100%"
value="currentProduct.description" toolbarSet="Basic">Dummy</textarea>
Long description:<br/>
<textarea t:type="t5components/editor" width="100%"
value="currentProduct.longDescription" toolbarSet="Basic">Dummy</textarea>

Re: [T5] Tap 5.0.14 and t5components/editor (0.5.14) problem

Posted by Otho <ta...@googlemail.com>.
It was late yesterday when I wrote that. After some more tests it seems that
I found the problem.

My Page used a layout and had only a <span t:type="layout/Border....> Page
content </span> tag, but no body tag.

This missing <body>...</body> was the culprit. Adding this around the
layout/Border span solved things. It's obviously needed for the
pageRenderSupport to add the script tag to the end of the page.

So if you use the fckeditor component on a page which uses a layout make
sure to use the body tag.  :)

Regards,
Otho