Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Divya Ravichandran <di...@gmail.com> on 2015/05/22 15:47:45 UTC

Issue with setting JAVA_HOME

Hello,

I am trying to run sqoop and yarn on the same machine.

Sqoop needs JAVA_HOME be set to JDK whereas yarn requires JRE(which is the
recommended setting).

Can this setting be changed dynamically so it can pick up JDK for sqoop and
JRE for yarn?

Or any workarounds possible?

Please let me know!

Thanks,
Divya

Re: Issue with setting JAVA_HOME

Posted by Pumudu Ruhunage <pu...@gmail.com>.
As Olivier mention jdk contains jre. Since jre is subset of jdk there can't
be any issues. unless you have to use different java version you can always
point JAVA_HOME to jdk with following command[1] in terminal/CLI. echo
JAVA_HOME to verify[2] if it has set properly before execute.

[1] export JAVA_HOME=/path_to_java_home/1.6.0.jdk/
[2] echo $JAVA_HOME

--
Pumudu Ruhunage

email : pumudu88@gmail.com