Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Arkaitz <ar...@yahoo.com> on 2000/11/25 14:31:15 UTC

quotes handling

Hi,

I'm using Velocity, from Turbine TDK 1.1a9, I've seen a strange
behaviour when handling quotes by Velocity.

I have the next (broken)HTML code in my template:

<form name="login>               <-- Note that I don't close the quotes
-->
<input type="hidden" name="action" value="login">

This gets parsed and outputs the next HTML:
<form name="login>
<input type="hiddenname="action" value="login">

I has eaten the second quote and a space in the hidden input field!

Is this a bug in Velocity?

Cheers,

Arkaitz.

Re: quotes handling

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>.
I spoke too soon.  Unless it's something due to parts of the template
you aren't showing, that parses fine.  On my box, a simple template :

<form name="login>
<input type="hidden" name="action" value="login">

will output :

<form name="login>
<input type="hidden" name="action" value="login">

Which is right. (It's the same :)

So either it's a dated velocity.jar, or there is something going on due
to the other parts of the template.  Feel free to send me the template,
and I will take a look.

geir

Arkaitz wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using Velocity, from Turbine TDK 1.1a9, I've seen a strange
> behaviour when handling quotes by Velocity.
>
> I have the next (broken)HTML code in my template:
>
> <form name="login>               <-- Note that I don't close the quotes
> -->
> <input type="hidden" name="action" value="login">
>
> This gets parsed and outputs the next HTML:
> <form name="login>
> <input type="hiddenname="action" value="login">
>
> I has eaten the second quote and a space in the hidden input field!
>
> Is this a bug in Velocity?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Arkaitz.

Dakota tribal wisdom: "when you discover you are riding a dead horse,
the best strategy is to dismount."

Re: quotes handling

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>.
Arkaitz wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using Velocity, from Turbine TDK 1.1a9, I've seen a strange
> behaviour when handling quotes by Velocity.
>
> I have the next (broken)HTML code in my template:
>
> <form name="login>               <-- Note that I don't close the quotes
> -->
> <input type="hidden" name="action" value="login">
>
> This gets parsed and outputs the next HTML:
> <form name="login>
> <input type="hiddenname="action" value="login">
>
> I has eaten the second quote and a space in the hidden input field!
>
> Is this a bug in Velocity?

I think so.  Will fix... :) Thanks