Posted to dev@apex.apache.org by Timothy Farkas <ti...@datatorrent.com> on 2015/12/13 05:02:15 UTC

Default App Master Container Memory Size

Hi All,

The default value for MASTER_MEMORY_MB is 1024. I've observed in multiple
demo apps and in the production apps of some of our users that 1024 MB is
not enough memory, and the app master dies. This was observed on small
applications with 5 - 20 containers. I think the default app master memory
size should be 2048.

Any feedback?

Thanks,
Tim

Re: Default App Master Container Memory Size

Posted by Gaurav Gupta <ga...@datatorrent.com>.
Tim,

I will look into this. Can you give more details as to many operators the DAG should have and for how long long the app should run before hitting this issue?

Thanks
- Gaurav

Posted by Timothy Farkas <ti...@datatorrent.com>.
Gaurav,