Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Reginaldo Bray Mendoza <r....@eurolatina.com.co> on 2006/08/09 15:55:20 UTC

Spam came from users in whitelist

Good day.

I have spamassassin working with MailScanner in a redhat linux machine.

Recently, we are receiving SPAM that claims to be from some users that are
on whitelist and, for that reason, spamassassin marks them as NOT SPAM (user
in whitelist rule scores -100).

What can we do to avoid this??.. is there another way we can secure our
whitelist users rather than use spamassassin's whitelist_from rule???

Many Thanks.

Re: Spam came from users in whitelist

Posted by Stuart Johnston <st...@ebby.com>.
Reginaldo Bray Mendoza wrote:
> Good day.
>
> I have spamassassin working with MailScanner in a redhat linux machine.
>
> Recently, we are receiving SPAM that claims to be from some users that
> are on whitelist and, for that reason, spamassassin marks them as NOT
> SPAM (user in whitelist rule scores -100).
>
> What can we do to avoid this??.. is there another way we can secure our
> whitelist users rather than use spamassassin's whitelist_from rule???

whitelist_from_rcvd
whitelist_from_spf
whitelist_from_dkim

Re: Spam came from users in whitelist

Posted by Ninja Dude <ni...@speed.net>.
Reginaldo Bray Mendoza wrote:
> What can we do to avoid this??.. is there another way we can secure our
> whitelist users rather than use spamassassin's whitelist_from rule???

Use whitelist_from_rcvd or whitelist_from_spf instead of just
whitelist_from.

whitelist_from_rcvd takes both an address and the relay that you expect
to see the mail coming from.

whitelist_from_spf just takes the address, but only fires if the address
has an SPF record and the message passes SPF.

--
The Ninja Dude.  Striking spam from the shadows.
Please, don't send mail to ninjadude@speed.net