Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Chakradhar Nanga <cn...@myspace.com> on 2008/05/24 22:56:10 UTC

Proxy status code question

Hi:

I have a question on the current behavior of IG_FetchContent() and
makeRequest() in Shindig (at least on Hi5). On both these containers, if
I pass in a URL that returns a 500/503 error the proxy changes the
status code to 200.

Is this intentional? If so, any idea why?

Thanks

Chak

Re: Proxy status code question

Posted by Kevin Brown <et...@google.com>.
On Sat, May 24, 2008 at 1:56 PM, Chakradhar Nanga <cn...@myspace.com>
wrote:

> Hi:
>

> I have a question on the current behavior of IG_FetchContent() and
> makeRequest() in Shindig (at least on Hi5). On both these containers, if
> I pass in a URL that returns a 500/503 error the proxy changes the
> status code to 200.

Which status code are you referring to? The HTTP status code returned by
makeRequest is always 200 because the actual status code is packed into the
response body (response.rc). We do this so that we can convey more
meaningful error messages (not just HTTP) to the client.