Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by IBeaumont <IB...@categoric.com> on 2012/01/18 14:12:05 UTC

Dealing with badly formatted responses to webservice calls

I'm calling a Sharepint SAOP 1.2 web service using the following...
ServiceClient dynamicClient = new ServiceClient(null, axisService);
OMElement res = dynamicClient.sendReceive(operationName,payLoad);

The problem is that if I use an incorrect parameter then Sharepoint returns
a SOAPFault that is incorrectly formatted (see below - note the "detail"
tag, it should be <soap:detail>).  This then causes OMElement res to throw
an error (understandably) when I try to process the result.  Is there anyway
I can get the result of the webservice call as just a string as I need to
present the information to the end user.  All methods I try are failing as
they all seem to process the result through an XML parser and fail with the
invalid XML.

TIA
Ian

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<soap:Envelope xmlns:soap="http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap-envelope"
  <soap:Body>
    <soap:Fault>
      <soap:Code>
        <soap:Value>soap:Receiver</soap:Value>
      </soap:Code>
      <soap:Reason>
        <soap:Text xml:lang="en">Exception of type
        'Microsoft.SharePoint.SoapServer.SoapServerException' was
        thrown.</soap:Text>
      </soap:Reason>
      <detail>
        <errorstring xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/sharepoint/soap/">
        List does not exist. The
        page you selected contains a list that does not exist. It
        may have been deleted by another user.</errorstring>
        <errorcode xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/sharepoint/soap/">
        0x82000006</errorcode>
      </detail>
    </soap:Fault>