Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Toby White <to...@cam.ac.uk> on 2006/02/21 09:30:48 UTC

VFS - http CREATE capability

Having looked through the VFS source code, it appears
that no CREATE capability is defined for the HTTP
provider (I am looking at
vfs/provider/http/HttpFileProvider.java)

Is there a reason for this beyond the fact that
nobody has got around to implementing it? As
far as I can see it is as simple as using a PUT
request as supported by commons/httpclient,
which is done by the VFS WebDAV provider anyway.

(Or am I completely misreading the code and it
is actually supported?)

Toby

--
Dr. Toby White
Dept. of Earth Sciences, Downing Street, Cambridge CB2 3EQ. UK