Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Piroumian Konstantin <KP...@protek.com> on 2002/07/29 08:35:26 UTC

Printable link in every doc

Hi!

As now there is a working PDF doc generation, what about resurrecting the
old 'Printer-friendly' icon near the document title instead of additional
menu items? See:
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/xml-forrest/src/resources/layou
t/xml.apache.org/page.html?rev=1.2 .

Another possibility is to add a small icon near the menu item, which will
display the PDF version of the same doc. This will require some changes to
book.xml.

What do you think?

Konstantin

RE: Printable link in every doc

Posted by John Morrison <jo...@ntlworld.com>.
> From: Steven Noels [mailto:stevenn@outerthought.org]
> John Morrison wrote:
>
> Duh. It's too hot over here: http://www.vtm.be/weer/gfx/belweb12lr.jpg

Yeah - the UK isn't much better.

> And I woke up at 5am because of that.
>
> Don't expect any intelligent remark from me today :-)

I'm sat here sneezing my head off!  Stupid hayfever :(
I doubt I'll be any better.

J.

Re: Printable link in every doc

Posted by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org>.
John Morrison wrote:

>>Currently, no. I believe we should pass that request uri into the
>>stylesheet for various purposes. But for printable pages, I don't see
>>why - can you explain?
>

> Does it not need to know the name of itself in order to add the
> link to request as pdf?

Duh. It's too hot over here: http://www.vtm.be/weer/gfx/belweb12lr.jpg

And I woke up at 5am because of that.

Don't expect any intelligent remark from me today :-)

</Steven>

RE: Printable link in every doc

Posted by John Morrison <jo...@ntlworld.com>.

Posted by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org>.

Posted by John Morrison <jo...@ntlworld.com>.
> From: Steven Noels [mailto:stevenn@outerthought.org]
>
> Piroumian Konstantin wrote:
>
> > As now there is a working PDF doc generation, what about
> resurrecting the
> > old 'Printer-friendly' icon near the document title instead of
> additional
> > menu items? See:
> >
> http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/xml-forrest/src/resou
rces/layou