Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by brunp <pa...@gmail.com> on 2009/06/11 16:05:36 UTC

Logging

The logging in our jetspeed portal appears to be sent to the comment Tomcat
logging infrastructure. However, regardless of what level I set the logging
level too, info, etc....there are no changes. I want to reduce the logging
overhead of velocity, jetspeed to warning to error, but I still get the same
level.

I have the log4j.properties file within the
<tomcat_root>/webapps/<app>/WEB-INF/conf directory and I also have
logging.properties within <tomcat_root>/conf directory.....thoughts?

Paul

Re: Logging

Posted by brunp <pa...@gmail.com>.
Using JS 2.1.3 and Tomcat 6.0.14

Paul

Re: Logging

Re: Logging

Posted by brunp <pa...@gmail.com>.

Roberto Rossi-3 wrote:

> Can you post an example of your logging messages?
> What version of JS and Tomcat are you using?
>
> I needed to change some logging preferences moving from Tomcat 5 to
> Tomcat 6.

JetspeedContainerServlet stuff:

@400000004a32584e1539c8d4 INFO: JetspeedContainerServlet: initialization
done for Portlet Application at: mobile
@400000004a32584e153aab64 JetspeedContainerServlet: initialization done for
Portlet Application at: mobile
@400000004a32584e15ce34ec Jun 12, 2009 9:29:40 AM
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
@400000004a32584e15ce86f4 INFO: JetspeedContainerServlet: attemping to start
Portlet Application at: /mobile
@400000004a32584e1bfe2d04 Jun 12, 2009 9:29:40 AM
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
@400000004a32584e1bfe9e4c INFO: JetspeedContainerServlet: started Portlet
Application at: /mobile

VELOCITY STUFF:

@400000004a32583e337531e4 [09:29:24] INFO [velocity] - Velocimacro : added
#GetLocalizedString(  _string ) : source = /WEB-INF/jetspeed_macros.vm
@400000004a32583e3392d3d4 [09:29:24] INFO [velocity] - Velocimacro : added
#BaseHref(  ) : source = /WEB-INF/jetspeed_macros.vm
@400000004a32583e339b3074 [09:29:24] INFO [velocity] - Velocimacro : added
#ContentType(  ) : source = /WEB-INF/jetspeed_macros.vm
@400000004a32583e33a3db34 [09:29:24] INFO [velocity] - Velocimacro : added
#PageTitle(  ) : source = /WEB-INF/jetspeed_macros.vm
@400000004a32583e33ae7ddc [09:29:24] INFO [velocity] - Velocimacro : added
#PageDescription(  ) : source = /WEB-INF/jetspeed_macros.vm
@400000004a32583e33b7e034 [09:29:24] INFO [velocity] - Velocimacro : added
#SiteVersionTag(  ) : source = /WEB-INF/jetspeed_macros.vm

Re: Logging

Re: Logging

Posted by brunp <pa...@gmail.com>.
woops, my originaly reply went to just the author below.....unfortunately,
making this changes had no affect.

Paul

Re: Logging