Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com> on 2023/01/02 14:17:56 UTC

PM code scanning - out dated and many false positives

On github there is a security tab, where we have 1200+ listed.
https://github.com/apache/camel/security/code-scanning

A lot of them are from PMD which seems to be out-dated and not run for a
long time. The newest items is 10 months old
https://github.com/apache/camel/security/code-scanning?query=is%3Aopen+branch%3Amain+tool%3APMD+sort%3Acreated-desc

I have tried to resolve these as its false positive in auto
generated source code that PMD should skip.

I wonder if we can find a way to remove PMD or all of these 1200+ false
alerts?

--
Claus Ibsen
-----------------

Re: PM code scanning - out dated and many false positives

Posted by Otavio Rodolfo Piske <an...@gmail.com>.
Done. I dismissed all the ones opened by PMD 10 months ago.

We still have quite a few that should be reviewed [1] and are updated
automatically by our SonarCloud integration [2].

1. https://github.com/apache/camel/security/code-scanning
2. https://sonarcloud.io/project/overview?id=apache_camel

--
Otavio R. Piske
http://orpiske.net

Re: PM code scanning - out dated and many false positives

Posted by Otavio Rodolfo Piske <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Let me take a look if I can clean them up.

On Mon, Jan 2, 2023 at 3:18 PM Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On github there is a security tab, where we have 1200+ listed.
> https://github.com/apache/camel/security/code-scanning
>
> A lot of them are from PMD which seems to be out-dated and not run for a
> long time. The newest items is 10 months old
>
> https://github.com/apache/camel/security/code-scanning?query=is%3Aopen+branch%3Amain+tool%3APMD+sort%3Acreated-desc
>
> I have tried to resolve these as its false positive in auto
> generated source code that PMD should skip.
>
> I wonder if we can find a way to remove PMD or all of these 1200+ false
> alerts?
>

> --
> Claus Ibsen
> @davsclaus