Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Madeleine Wright <m....@ru.ac.za> on 2004/08/08 18:48:55 UTC

user guide TestCient example doesn't go anywhere?

Hi.  I've been trying for a couple of weeks to run the
samples.userguide.example1.TestClient example but I can't make it reach
the service.  In every other respect Axis works fine but I'm just
concerned that this example doesn't.  I know my classpath is fine.  I'm
running the commands from the right directory etc.  (I have tried
pinging the server - but, though I can see the IP address, no ping
reaches the server??)

I'm behind a proxy server so running it exactly as in the userguide:
java samples.userguide.example1.TestClient
doesn't get a connection.

I then try with: java -Dhttp.proxySet=true
-Dhttp.proxyHost=<myproxyHost> -Dhttp.proxyPort=<myProxyPort>
samples.userguide.example1.TestClient**
but I get the error "Bad Request".

Please can someone tell me what's wrong?

Madeleine