Posted to dev@click.apache.org by Ari <ar...@composersnotebook.com> on 2011/02/01 05:13:50 UTC

Re: Click example

I think I know what the confusion here is... the thing about those examples
is that you have to click them in a certain order... it is not intuitive.

The trick is that the "Page java" and "Page html" buttons very literally
always apply to whatever page they are clicked from... so that means that if
you start with an example, then click "Page html" to browse its html, and
then click "Page java" expecting to see the Java code for that example,
that's not what you'll get -- you will instead very literally get the java
code for the "Page html" page itself, which was technically the page you
were on when you clicked "Page java".

So to view the java code you need to click the example of interest, then
click Page java.  Then to see the html you need to click the example again
(or go back), then click Page html FROM THE EXAMPLE PAGE.

Definitely confusing for anyone casually clicking around for the first
time...