Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by 汤聿津 <le...@gmail.com> on 2012/09/20 12:10:59 UTC

Cannot create VM and no error observed

Dear all,

I am new to CloudStack.

I have 2 servers, one as the management server and the other with KVM
installed as a computing node.
It breezed through from advanced zone creation to host and storage addition.
System VMs are also working fine, with template and ISO downloaded and
in a ready state.

The question is that I cannot create instances, and what makes it
worse is that no error is shown in the client page or
management-server.log or agent.log. After clicking the "create"
button, all I had was a short time of flashing screen looking like
it's working on something and then, I was kicked back to the instance
page with nothing.

I though it was the problem of my secondary storage (mgt server serves
as secondary storage and hypervisor serves as primary storage), so I
detached it and deleted the entire template directory and redownloaded
it. But still no luck.

I wish some one can help me out.

Best regards,
Lerry

RE: Cannot create VM and no error observed

Posted by Nitin Mehta <Ni...@citrix.com>.
Lerry - If you could go to MS logs and paste the relevant logs (by searching for job-<job id for deploy vm>), it would be useful. I advise you to check the mail archives and forum as well.

job id for deploy vm can be found out going into async_job table in DB.