Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org> on 2009/02/18 19:05:54 UTC

Re: JAX-WS and Simple Frontend CXF for webservices - WSDL interop compliant? use with .NET? what about JSON (with vraptor.org)?

On Wed February 18 2009 12:26:43 am hanasaki jiji wrote:
> http://cwiki.apache.org/CXF20DOC/simple-frontend.html
> http://cwiki.apache.org/CXF20DOC/jax-ws.html
>
> In the "code first" model where the above two CXF approaches
> dynamically produce the WSDL on deployment, is the WSDL .NET and
> interop compliant?   ie: Can I hit the ?WSDL URL with .NET and get
> WSDL that C#.NET can consume to make a client?

Yes.

> Does .NET produce WSDL that can be consumed by the CXF factories to
> produce a client?

MOST of the time, yes.   I've seen a couple WSDL's from older versions of .NET
that were not spec compliant and thus we've had issues with.

> What are the rules for producing the interface to
> go with the WSDL?

Well, if you have the wsdl, the BEST way is to run the wsdl2java tool on it.
That will get you a correct, jax-ws compatible interface and types.

> It looks like for clients the ___impl Class is
> bytecode produced by the CXF engine so no concrete bean POJO need be
> written just the interface?

Right.   And JAXB types.

> What about JSON?  Let's say I want the client to use JSON and make a
> call to something like a service written with vraptor.org ?

For JSON, you can set a Jettison XML stream writer/factory thing on the
context and CXF will use that to to create the XMLStreamWriter/Reader which
produces JSON instead of XML.

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org