Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Rob Walker <ro...@ascert.com> on 2008/10/13 16:03:52 UTC

Standard method to get Bundle or Bundle ID from a Bundle URL ??

Realised my Http cacheing code fails to get timestamps for JAR bundle
resources.

Couple of thoughts / questions on this:

    * Bundle has a getLastModified call that I think I can use to help
      with this - it won't be perfect, but it should aid cacheing at
      least in between installs/updates of bundles.
    * little rusty on latest Felix codebase - anyone know if there are
      existing / standard utils to get either a Bundle or a Bundle ID
      from a a bundle URL e.g

        url:
        bundle://32.0:1/resources/www/com.ascert.webui.vt.VtWebUi/js/ext/resources/images/default/grid/row-over.gif

    * I'm wondering if we can enhance the bundle URL handler to actually
      return this by default for a URLConnection, when getLastModified()
      is called for a bundle URL so that code will by default at least
      return the Bundle last modified time for a resource e.g

        URLConnection conn = resUrl.openConnection();
        lastModified = conn.getLastModified();

    * Will take a look and see if I can find code for this and see how
      feasible it might be.

-- Rob

Ascert - Taking systems to the Edge
robw@ascert.com
+44 (0)20 7488 3470
www.ascert.com

Re: Standard method to get Bundle or Bundle ID from a Bundle URL ??

Posted by Rob Walker <ro...@ascert.com>.

Stuart McCulloch wrote:
> 2008/10/13 Rob Walker <ro...@ascert.com>
>

>> Scratch that - my bad.
>> I think I'm looking at an old framework codebase. Looking at new code, I
>> think URLHandlersBundleURLConnection may have this in already.
>> Will test and report back if not.
>>

> see also:  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-659

Nice one - thanks for pointing out. I'll add a comment how this would
also help Http service too.

-- Rob

Re: Standard method to get Bundle or Bundle ID from a Bundle URL ??

Posted by Stuart McCulloch <mc...@gmail.com>.

--
Cheers, Stuart

Re: Standard method to get Bundle or Bundle ID from a Bundle URL ??

Posted by Rob Walker <ro...@ascert.com>.
Scratch that - my bad.