Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Softwareentwicklung Hauschel <So...@Hauschel.de> on 2001/12/25 10:48:53 UTC

Intercepting AuthenticationFilter and dispatching need help !

Hey all,
i want to check if the user is authenticated.
I've read that the Filters are the right place to do that.
If the User is not authenticated, so i want to dispatch him to a login page.
Does anybody knows how to do that ?

I've tryed it in the Filter in this way:

((HTTPServletRequest)servletRequest).getRequestDispatcher( "pub/ueberweisung
.jsp" ).forward( servletRequest, servletResponse );

But there is always an Error compiling the jsp ?!
if I call this jsp (plain html) without a filter it works without any
problems ?

Pleas help....
Fredy

Posted by Gerry Duhig <ge...@nectar.demon.co.uk>.
Fredy,

Would you please show us exactly what you do, as I need to do the same sort
of thing?

I had a version that worked under 3.2, but it fails under Tomcat 4.

Thanks

Gerry

Posted by Softwareentwicklung Hauschel <So...@Hauschel.de>.
Hey,