Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Stephen Chang <sc...@yahoo.com> on 2001/01/11 20:16:41 UTC

how can i process XSP logic on taglib results?

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out the best mechanism for
structuring my xsp/xsl files to do the following:

i have XML files with embedded XSP logic. Also in
these files I have calls to my own taglibrary, which
returns a response in an XML fragment. I want to
perform <xsp:logic/> on these results without having
to pass them to another XSP file to do that. My tag
lib request might look like this in the XML file:

<mylib:myfunc>
<param1>variable1</param1>
<param2>variable2</param2>
</mylib:myfunc>

I know it will generate a response like:
<myresponse>
<result1>result</result1>
<result2>anotherresult</result2>
</myresponse>

So, I use a template match for this taglib call
response ("myresponse") in my corresponding XSL file.
If I want to perform any logic, such as putting the
value of <result1/> or <result2/> into my
SessionObject, I have to create some dynamic URLs here
with their values appended as request parameters or
create some form with hidden fields with their values.
Essentially, I am passing their values to the next XSP
which can then use some <xsp:logic/> block to process
them, such as store them in a SessionObject.

There's got to be a better way, where I can still
process them without having to pass them to another
XSP page. Should my XSL file generate an XSP which
calls another XSL?

Any help is appreciated!

http://photos.yahoo.com/