Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Sergio Gonzalez Ramos <se...@yahoo.es> on 2006/04/10 14:39:52 UTC

Error on Startup.

Hi there.
  I installed Tomcat 5.0.28 on unix environment.
  JSDK 1.4.2

  I'm getting following error whenever i try to start the tomcat

   Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/catalina/startup/Bootstrap

  every thing seems to be fine... ( permissions , classes )

  Any idea?
  Regards.

---------------------------------

LLama Gratis a cualquier PC del Mundo.
http://es.voice.yahoo.com

Re: Error on Startup.

Posted by Franck Borel <bo...@ub.uni-freiburg.de>.

>   I'm getting following error whenever i try to start the tomcat
>
>    Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/catalina/startup/Bootstrap

Sounds like your Tomcat can't find your JDK. Have you set the PATH and
JAVA_HOME environmen variable?
Try:
root# echo $JAVA_HOME
and