Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by "pierre.gaudin" <pi...@nereide.fr> on 2018/04/03 19:57:47 UTC

why some fields are set to enable-audit-log true by default?

Hi all,

In the definition of some entities, certain fields are set to
enable-audit-log = true by default.

Is there a reason for that?

thanks,

pierre

--
logoNrd <http://nereide.fr/>
	Pierre GAUDIN

réseau LE <http://www.libre-entreprise.org/>

Re: why some fields are set to enable-audit-log true by default?

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
> Le 05/04/2018 à 11:49, Taher Alkhateeb a écrit :
>> Hmm, I see no problem in example being a plugin. Just because it's a
>> plugin doesn't mean it lost its value or purpose (to give people
>> examples). So sounds good by me to add such fields to the example
>> component.
> Just that people using OFBiz without the example plugin will not be aware of this feature by this addition.
>
> Jacques

BTW, just thinking about it, maybe we should recommend in documentation to load at least the example plugin when starting with OFBiz.

Jacques

Re: why some fields are set to enable-audit-log true by default?

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

Posted by Taher Alkhateeb <sl...@gmail.com>.
Hmm, I see no problem in example being a plugin. Just because it's a
plugin doesn't mean it lost its value or purpose (to give people
examples). So sounds good by me to add such fields to the example
component.

In fact, I would suggest that not only add them, but show the users
how to view the results from that audit log. And on the long term,
this could probably go to the developer documentation manual under the
entity engine section.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

Posted by Rishi Solanki <ri...@gmail.com>.
+1 for removal.

Posted by Scott Gray <sc...@hotwaxsystems.com>.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

Posted by Taher Alkhateeb <sl...@gmail.com>.
+1 to their removal. A quick grep lists the fields which have that
flag. I'm not sure about the field in the entity component though! it
might be needed in some unit tests?

framework/entity/entitydef/entitymodel_test.xml:        <field
name="testingName" type="name" enable-audit-log="true"/>
applications/datamodel/entitydef/order-entitymodel.xml:      <field
name="quantity" type="fixed-point" enable-audit-log="true"></field>
applications/datamodel/entitydef/order-entitymodel.xml:      <field
name="unitPrice" type="currency-precise"
enable-audit-log="true"></field>
applications/datamodel/entitydef/order-entitymodel.xml:      <field
name="changeByUserLoginId" type="id-vlong"
enable-audit-log="true"></field>
applications/datamodel/entitydef/order-entitymodel.xml:      <field
name="shipmentMethodTypeId" type="id" enable-audit-log="true"></field>
applications/datamodel/entitydef/order-entitymodel.xml:      <field
name="carrierPartyId" type="id" enable-audit-log="true"></field>
applications/datamodel/entitydef/order-entitymodel.xml:        <field
name="returnReasonId" type="id" enable-audit-log="true">
applications/datamodel/entitydef/order-entitymodel.xml:        <field
name="returnTypeId" type="id" enable-audit-log="true">
applications/datamodel/entitydef/order-entitymodel.xml:        <field
name="returnQuantity" type="fixed-point"
enable-audit-log="true"><description>promised by the
customer</description></field>
applications/datamodel/entitydef/order-entitymodel.xml:        <field
name="receivedQuantity" type="fixed-point"
enable-audit-log="true"><description>actually received from the
customer</description></field>
applications/datamodel/entitydef/order-entitymodel.xml:        <field
name="returnPrice" type="currency-amount"
enable-audit-log="true"></field>

Posted by "pierre.gaudin" <pi...@nereide.fr>.
Hi,

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.