Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org> on 2014/03/15 11:41:53 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Mavibot 1.0.0-M4

The Apache Directory team is pleased to announce the release of Apache
Mavibot 1.0.0-M4, the forth milestone towards a 1.0 version.
Mavibt is a MVCC B-tree implementation in Java.

This version brings some new improvements in the API and the
performances. The In-memory and Persisted B-trees classes have
been moved into the same package, to avoid exposing the methods
to the external world. We also have shared the common methods.

Some specific exceptions have been created.

This is by far not the latest milestone, the next one will bring
major changes : revisions support, transaction support.

ApacheDS has already been tested with Mavibot 1.0.0-M4.

Here are the list of fixed issues :

Bug
---

    [MAVIBOT-20] - Btree created with the duplicateValues flag to false
still accept duplicate values

Improvements
------------

    [MAVIBOT-25] - Don't update the RMHeader for each free page we get
    [MAVIBOT-27] - Aggregate the Persisted and InMemory common methods
    [MAVIBOT-28] - Move the Persited and InMemory classes into the same
package
    [MAVIBOT-29] - Use a BtreeFactory to create BTrees
    [MAVIBOT-30] - Replace the RuntimeException by specific exceptions
    [MAVIBOT-33] - Serializer and comparator should be static instances

You can read more about Mavibot on http://directory.apache.org/mavibot/

You can download the package
athttp://directory.apache.org/mavibot/downloads.html

Thanks !