Posted to dev@mahout.apache.org by rmx <ru...@hotmail.com> on 2011/08/30 00:56:33 UTC

Clouding Computer Challenge

Hello Mahout developers,

I am a Mahout user and the Chairman of C3 - Cloud Computing Challenge..

I would like to encourage you to submit an application (like MAHOUT) to C3.

The C3 is a challenge to stimulate the development of new practical tools
and applications in cloud computing. It presents an opportunity to promote
fresh, valuable and end-user oriented applications. The challenge is open to
everyone. However, developments supported by some research are encouraged.

Applications have to provide some immediate utility to the users. Thus,
benchmarks, isolated libraries or tools to solve theoretical problems are
out of scope.

The C3 consists of two tracks. One track specific to data intensive analytic
applications and the other one open to any cloud computing application that
meets the required criteria.

The submitter may choose to submit data intensive analytic applications to
the open track.

Each application can only be submitted to one track.

*The winner of each track will receive a 3.500 US$ prize in Amazon Web
Services credits.*

http://c3.cloudcom.org/ CLOUD COMPUTER CHALLENGE 2011  will take place at
IEEE cloudcom2011 in Athens, Greece, 29 Nov- 01 Dec 2011.

Thank you!
Best regards,
Rui