Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Kier Salmon <ki...@sosuser.com> on 2000/08/17 19:32:02 UTC

Votes and other questions

Could somebody explicate what a committer is?

B)  Some noise was made last week about needing a bug-tracker and talking
about how the bugzilla software had a security hole in it.  I asked a
question as to what it would take to put up a box dedicated to the bug
tracking in terms of time and $$ and never got a response back.  The
question isn't facetious; it is possible I could scrimp some time to sys
admin at home, if the box and time aren't too big a bite out of my budget.

Re: Votes and other questions

Posted by Eric Ye <er...@locus.apache.org>.

> B)  Some noise was made last week about needing a bug-tracker and talking
> about how the bugzilla software had a security hole in it.  I asked a
> question as to what it would take to put up a box dedicated to the bug
> tracking in terms of time and $$ and never got a response back.  The
> question isn't facetious; it is possible I could scrimp some time to sys
> admin at home, if the box and time aren't too big a bite out of my budget.

If you already have a server running some kind Unix and web server and
assessible to the net, You can download bugzilla for free from
www.mozilla.org and install it, it would take a day or two to install it.

_____

Eric Ye * IBM, JTC - Silicon Valley * ericye@locus.apache.org

RE: Votes and other questions

Posted by Ed Staub <es...@mediaone.net>.
Kier Salmon wrote:

>Could somebody explicate what a committer is?

Sure... see http://xml.apache.org/roles.html.

-Ed