Posted to announce@apache.org by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> on 2004/07/13 16:34:47 UTC

[ANN] Maven 1.0 Released

The Apache Maven team is pleased to announce the release of Maven 1.0.

http://maven.apache.org/start/download.html
(please be patient as the release may not have propogated to all mirrors yet)

Maven is a project management and project comprehension tool. Maven is based on
the concept of a project object model: builds, documentation creation, site
publication, and distribution publication are all controlled from the project
object model. Maven also provides tools to create source metrics, change logs
based directly on source repository, and source cross-references.

New Features

    * Bundle the Jelly XML tag library for build and for plugin's convenience
    * Add different types of download progress meters.

Fixed bugs

    * Fix property inheritence under some circumstances Issue: MAVEN-1296.
Thanks to Eric Lapierre.
    * <maven:get/> now initialises the plugin if it has not already been loaded,
removing the need for dependency handles
    * Check last modified timestamp as well as conditional GET in case the
server time is behind the local time Issue: MAVEN-1188.
    * Bugfixes for new httpclient based downloading (incorrect timestamps)
Issue: MAVEN-1343.
    * Handle cross site redirects Issue: MAVEN-1353.
    * Correct absolute paths with no drive designator on windows Issue: MAVEN-1290.
    * Amend bootstrap to create directories that might not exist Issue: MAVEN-1341.
    * If artifact is not a snapshot, don't continue checking for newer downloads
once one is successful Issue: MAVEN-1344.

Plugin Highlights

The latest plugin releases are also included, with bug fixes and some new features.

We hope you enjoy using Maven! If you have any questions, please consult:

    * the FAQ: http://maven.apache.org/faq.html
    * the Wiki: http://wiki.codehaus.org/maven/

For news and information, see:

    * Maven Blogs: http://www.mavenblogs.com/

- The Apache Maven Team

Re: [ANN] Maven 1.0 Released

Posted by Wei He <we...@ldeo.columbia.edu>.
Maven Team,

Congratulations to all of you!!!!!

Thanks for all the hard work you guys have put in.  I am deeply gratul
for what you have done. You have
made my life 1000 times better than without Maven.

Thank you very much.

Best Regards,

Wei

Re: [ANN] Maven 1.0 Released

Posted by David Erickson <de...@cmcflex.com>.
wahoo! =)

Re: [ANN] Maven 1.0 Released

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.
A big ovation to Brett.
Excellent work.

Thanks
Emmanuel

Re: [ANN] Maven 1.0 Released

Posted by Jeffrey Bonevich <je...@bonevich.com>.
Congrats, folks.  It's been a long haul but worth the wait!

jeff

Brett Porter wrote:
> The Apache Maven team is pleased to announce the release of Maven 1.0.
>
> http://maven.apache.org/start/download.html
> (please be patient as the release may not have propogated to all mirrors yet)
>
> Maven is a project management and project comprehension tool. Maven is based on
> the concept of a project object model: builds, documentation creation, site
> publication, and distribution publication are all controlled from the project
> object model. Maven also provides tools to create source metrics, change logs
> based directly on source repository, and source cross-references.
>
> New Features
>
>     * Bundle the Jelly XML tag library for build and for plugin's convenience
>     * Add different types of download progress meters.
>
> Fixed bugs
>
>     * Fix property inheritence under some circumstances Issue: MAVEN-1296.
> Thanks to Eric Lapierre.
>     * <maven:get/> now initialises the plugin if it has not already been loaded,
> removing the need for dependency handles
>     * Check last modified timestamp as well as conditional GET in case the
> server time is behind the local time Issue: MAVEN-1188.
>     * Bugfixes for new httpclient based downloading (incorrect timestamps)
> Issue: MAVEN-1343.
>     * Handle cross site redirects Issue: MAVEN-1353.
>     * Correct absolute paths with no drive designator on windows Issue: MAVEN-1290.
>     * Amend bootstrap to create directories that might not exist Issue: MAVEN-1341.
>     * If artifact is not a snapshot, don't continue checking for newer downloads
> once one is successful Issue: MAVEN-1344.
>
> Plugin Highlights
>
> The latest plugin releases are also included, with bug fixes and some new features.
>
> We hope you enjoy using Maven! If you have any questions, please consult:
>
>     * the FAQ: http://maven.apache.org/faq.html
>     * the Wiki: http://wiki.codehaus.org/maven/
>
> For news and information, see:
>
>     * Maven Blogs: http://www.mavenblogs.com/
>
> - The Apache Maven Team

jeff bonevich
mailto: jeff@bonevich.com

Arthur C. Clarke

build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying
to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."
Rich Cook

"All programmers are playwrights and all computers are lousy actors."
Unknown

Re: [ANN] Maven 1.0 Released

Posted by Jerome Lacoste <je...@coffeebreaks.org>.
On Wed, 2004-07-14 at 00:34 +1000, Brett Porter wrote:
> The Apache Maven team is pleased to announce the release of Maven 1.0.
>
> http://maven.apache.org/start/download.html
> (please be patient as the release may not have propogated to all mirrors yet)

congrats!

Jerome

Re: [ANN] Maven 1.0 Released

Posted by John Casey <jd...@commonjava.org>.
Thanks to everyone, and especially Brett, who made this happen. You guys
deserve a round of [drinks] applause!

-john

On Tue, 2004-07-13 at 10:34, Brett Porter wrote:
> The Apache Maven team is pleased to announce the release of Maven 1.0.
>
> http://maven.apache.org/start/download.html
> (please be patient as the release may not have propogated to all mirrors yet)
>
> Maven is a project management and project comprehension tool. Maven is based on
> the concept of a project object model: builds, documentation creation, site
> publication, and distribution publication are all controlled from the project
> object model. Maven also provides tools to create source metrics, change logs
> based directly on source repository, and source cross-references.
>
> New Features
>
>     * Bundle the Jelly XML tag library for build and for plugin's convenience
>     * Add different types of download progress meters.
>
> Fixed bugs
>
>     * Fix property inheritence under some circumstances Issue: MAVEN-1296.
> Thanks to Eric Lapierre.
>     * <maven:get/> now initialises the plugin if it has not already been loaded,
> removing the need for dependency handles
>     * Check last modified timestamp as well as conditional GET in case the
> server time is behind the local time Issue: MAVEN-1188.
>     * Bugfixes for new httpclient based downloading (incorrect timestamps)
> Issue: MAVEN-1343.
>     * Handle cross site redirects Issue: MAVEN-1353.
>     * Correct absolute paths with no drive designator on windows Issue: MAVEN-1290.
>     * Amend bootstrap to create directories that might not exist Issue: MAVEN-1341.
>     * If artifact is not a snapshot, don't continue checking for newer downloads
> once one is successful Issue: MAVEN-1344.
>
> Plugin Highlights
>
> The latest plugin releases are also included, with bug fixes and some new features.
>
> We hope you enjoy using Maven! If you have any questions, please consult:
>
>     * the FAQ: http://maven.apache.org/faq.html
>     * the Wiki: http://wiki.codehaus.org/maven/
>
> For news and information, see:
>
>     * Maven Blogs: http://www.mavenblogs.com/
>
> - The Apache Maven Team

John Casey
jdcasey@commonjava.org
CommonJava Open Components Project
http://www.commonjava.org

Re: [ANN] Maven 1.0 Released

Posted by Jeffrey Bonevich <je...@bonevich.com>.

Re: [ANN] Maven 1.0 Released

Posted by Florin Vancea <fv...@maxiq.ro>.
I cannot resist making a little noise:

I've been using Maven and watching this list for quite some time now and I
feel I _have_ to pay my respect for this event.

Congratulations!

Florin

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
I'll merge back to HEAD later in the week.

- Brett

Re: [ANN] Maven 1.0 Released

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.
The tag is MAVEN_1_0

Emmanuel

Re: [ANN] Maven 1.0 Released

Posted by Eric Giguere <er...@videotron.ca>.
Excellent!!!

Re: [ANN] Maven 1.0 Released

Posted by Nathan Coast <na...@codeczar.com>.
nice one!

thanks to all involved.

Re: [ANN] Maven 1.0 Released

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@maven.org>.
On Tue, 2004-07-13 at 10:34, Brett Porter wrote:
> The Apache Maven team is pleased to announce the release of Maven 1.0.

Woo hoo!

A tremendous thanks goes to Brett who pretty much single handedly made
the changes necessary to the core in order to release 1.0!

A day I thought would never come. For the nostalgic among you here's the
first version of Maven ever checked into a repository at Apache, 2 years
and 10 months ago!

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-alexandria/proposal/maven/src/java/org/apache/maven/Attic/Maven.java?rev=1.1&hideattic=0&view=markup

--
jvz.