Posted to dev@sis.apache.org by Martin Desruisseaux <ma...@geomatys.fr> on 2012/12/15 04:39:28 UTC

OGC meeting at Redlands

Hello all

The next OGC meeting will be held at Redlands on January 14th to 18th.
We have scheduled a GeoAPI session on Monday, 9:00 - 10:00. The current
agenda is to discuss the following change proposals (if there is any
comment before I post those changes to OGC, please let me know):

*Flag the interfaces considered "abstract" according ISO specifications*
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=30228054

*Make createPassthroughTransform consistent with ISO 19111
CC_PassThroughOperation*
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=30228082

*Replace JSR-275 dependency by org.unitsofmeasure*
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=30228083

*NameFactory is missing a createMemberName(...) method*
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=30229587

*CoordinateOperationFactory is missing a way to create OperationMethod
instance*
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=30229588

*Replace uses of java.util.Date by ISO 19108 TM_CalDate and TM_ClockTime*
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=30229654

Looking at the agenda, I think that the following meetings can have a
short-term impact on SIS:

   * Metadata ( Tuesday 15:00 - 17:00)
   * CRS (Monday 15:00 - 16:00)
   * CRS WKT (Wednesday 13:00 - 16:00)
   * Simple Feature (Monday 16:00 - 18:00)
   * Coverage (Monday 16:00 - 18:00)

(Simple Feature and Coverage are in same time - I'm not sure yet which
one to prioritize on my side)

Following can have a medium-term impact on SIS (depending when we start
Web Service implementations):

   * Web Coverage Service (WCS) ( Tuesday 8:00 - 10:00)
   * (sound like there is no Web Map Service (WMS) at this meeting)
   * SensorML ( Wednesday 8:00 - 10:00)
   * CF-netCDF ( Wednesday 11:00 - 12:00)

On long-term, I feel that it may be good to keep an eye on:

   * Data Quality (Monday 8:00 - 10:00)
   * Geosemantics (Tuesday 10:00 - 12:00)

and of course plenty of other domain depending on the interest of each
peoples. As an (ex-?) oceanographer, I'm likely to go to the "Met-Ocean"
meeting.

Full agenda is at http://www.opengeospatial.org/event/1301tcagenda

     Martin

Re: OGC meeting at Redlands