Posted to user@pig.apache.org by William Oberman <ob...@civicscience.com> on 2013/05/08 19:20:39 UTC

udf + boolean constructor

I'm trying to set useMatches=false in REGEX_EXTRACT_ALL as per the javadoc:
http://pig.apache.org/docs/r0.11.0/api/org/apache/pig/builtin/REGEX_EXTRACT_ALL.html
(and yes, I'm using pig 0.11).

But it doesn't work.  I'm concerned about this post:
http://grokbase.com/t/pig/user/12b891a55k/boolean-pig-udf-constructor

I can only hope this comment only applies to Pig <= 0.11.... otherwise it's
just cruel to have features impossible to use!

(FWIW, I'll write a UDF that wraps REGEX_EXTRACT_ALL with a string
argument, but that's pretty gross...)

will

Re: udf + boolean constructor

Posted by William Oberman <ob...@civicscience.com>.
I hacked the UDF, but it looks like I'll have to rewrite REGEX_EXTRACT_ALL.
 If I get it working I'll see about submitting a patch.

I'm tying to match all of my URI query params, but REGEX_EXTRACT_ALL is
only matching the first one.  I think the "if" should be a while...

will