Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Martin <mg...@hotmail.com> on 2002/08/22 20:31:39 UTC

Re: Problem with manifest and executable jar

Bill
What is the exact message
Are you running it
java -jar foo.jar?
-Martin

Posted by Bill Pfeiffer <ws...@tampabay.rr.com>.
Martin,

Using the java -jar <mymain> showed me that my class was indeed found but
the supporting classes in the support jars were not found.  I did some
research and found that I cannot use the Class-Path to refer to jars within
my jar but should expect them to be present in the same directory as my jar.
I removed the support jars from the jar I am creating and just put them all
in one directory.  I then reran the jar and it worked.

Thanks for the heads up and putting me on the right path.

Bill Pfeiffer