Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Brock Samson <br...@hotmail.com> on 2017/03/07 17:22:03 UTC

issues after implementing custom login module

_background:_
my application is running in karaf 3.0.5, and it has its own security
repository implementation.
_goal:_
my goal is to have any karaf interaction (jmx, console, ssh, etc) to
_always_ authenticate against my application's security repo. i have no
intention of passing public keys to remote clients, and then authenticate
requests against my private key. so i went ahead and implemented and
deployed my own custom login module by extending *AbstractKarafLoginModule*.
the code is pretty much the same as OOTB's PropertiesLoginModule, except
that i delegate authentication onto my app within my module's overridden
login() function, instead of dealing with karaf's .properties files.
preliminary status seems to be fine, as the module comes up when i execute
*jaas:realm-list*, and it is associated with *karaf* realm.

_issue:_
when i execute
client.bat -h my-karaf-host-name -u MyAppUser
 command in a remote host's command shell, the following entries appear in
the shell:
Logging in as MyAppUser
1182 [sshd-SshClient[79c5c3fe]-nio2-thread-9] WARN
org.apache.sshd.client.keyverifier.AcceptAllServerKeyVerifier - Server at
[my-karaf-host-name/my-karaf-host-name's IP address:8101, RSA,
68:93:e7:1d:72:11:e2:f7:c5:25:2f:d0:40:9e:be:94] presented unverified {}
key: {}
Password:
once i enter the password and hit enter, the following error message appears
in the next line:*/unable to start shell because Current user has no
associated roles/*
i confirmed authentication success with my custom login module via runtime
debugging, and returned */true/* from both of its login() and commit()
overridden functions. so is there something that i need to perform in my
custom login module following successful authentication?thanks!