Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by "Mike M." <le...@mordent.com> on 2005/03/07 20:11:44 UTC

BXE is working in jetty but not tomcat in lenya 1.2

Hi,

Thanks to everyone for all your help so far.  We've been able to get Lenya
working and are well on our way to designing our sites with it (not yet at
deployment to production of it though, which is what I'm working on now).

I've gone through the installation instructions for making lenya 1.2 work with
tomcat (we're using Tomcat 5 and Apache 2.0); I've built and installed lenya
using build.sh install (and I've built kupu too).  Lenya's viewing stuff all
seems to work and so does editing via Kupu and the other editors, but BXE
doesn't work and just gives a blank page.  It seems to be bombing at the
usecase-bxeng.xmap file.  I can't find a single error log message from this
problem in any log file (tomcat or lenya or apache2!).  Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks!
-Mike

Re: BXE is working in jetty but not tomcat in lenya 1.2

Posted by Edith Chevrier <ed...@wyona.com>.
Mike M. wrote:

>Edith Chevrier <edith.chevrier <at> wyona.com> writes:
>

>>No. I have just check in the changes in the branch_1_2_X. Perhaps you
>>can try it.
>>Edith
>>

>That worked!!! Thank you so much!
>
>It's strange that this was only a problem in tomcat for me but worked with jetty.

It's more strange, i haven't the problem with tomcat :). I don't know
why this problem occur and when.
Edith

>-Mike

Edith Chevrier
http://wyona.com                          http://lenya.apache.org
edith.chevrier@wyona.com                         edith@apache.org

Re: BXE is working in jetty but not tomcat in lenya 1.2

Posted by George Kelly <ke...@oceanfree.net>.
Mike M. wrote:
> Edith Chevrier <edith.chevrier <at> wyona.com> writes:
>

>>No. I have just check in the changes in the branch_1_2_X. Perhaps you
>>can try it.
>>Edith
>>

> That worked!!! Thank you so much!
>
> It's strange that this was only a problem in tomcat for me but worked with jetty.
>
> -Mike

cool, i had the same problem and the branch_1_2_X change worked perfectly.

george

Re: BXE is working in jetty but not tomcat in lenya 1.2

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.
Mike M. wrote:

> That worked!!! Thank you so much!
>
> It's strange that this was only a problem in tomcat for me but worked with jetty.

you may want to ensure you have the same xalan and xerces versions in
both cases.

--
Gregor J. Rothfuss
COO, Wyona       Content Management Solutions    http://wyona.com

Re: BXE is working in jetty but not tomcat in lenya 1.2

Posted by "Mike M." <le...@mordent.com>.

Posted by Edith Chevrier <ed...@wyona.com>.

Posted by "Mike M." <le...@mordent.com>.
Edith Chevrier <edith.chevrier <at> wyona.com> writes:

> The namespace's prefix shouldn't  appear in the html elements, because
> some browser have problems with it. The prefix can be removed with the
> transformation <map:transform src="../../xslt/util/strip_namespaces.xsl"/>.

But why does it show up in tomcat and not in jetty on the same installation?
Actually, after looking through the usecase-bxeng.xmap, I think the default (the
1.2.1 sources anyway) performs that transformation already.  Maybe it's just not

Posted by Edith Chevrier <ed...@wyona.com>.

Posted by "Mike M." <le...@mordent.com>.

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Mike M." <le...@mordent.com>.
Gregor J. Rothfuss <gregor <at> apache.org> writes:

> ok. next question: does tomcat work standalone? if yes then this
> suggests some problem with mod_jk

Bxe doesn't work in standalone Tomcat either.  Here's the relevant snippets of
my mod_jk.conf (with my real hostname substituted out):

JkWorkersFile "/var/local/tomcat5/conf/jk/workers.properties"
<VirtualHost myhost.example.com>
    ServerName myhost.example.com

    JkMount /webdav ajp13
    JkMount /webdav/* ajp13

    JkMount /servlets-examples ajp13
    JkMount /servlets-examples/* ajp13

    JkMount /jsp-examples ajp13
    JkMount /jsp-examples/* ajp13

    JkMount /balancer ajp13
    JkMount /balancer/* ajp13

    JkMount /lenya ajp13
    JkMount /lenya/* ajp13

    JkMount /tomcat-docs ajp13
    JkMount /tomcat-docs/* ajp13
</VirtualHost>

and workers.properties:

workers.tomcat_home=/var/local/tomcat5
workers.java_home=/usr/java/j2sdk
ps=/
worker.list=ajp13
worker.ajp13.port=8009
worker.ajp13.host=myhost.example.com
worker.ajp13.type=ajp13
worker.ajp13.lbfactor=1

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.
Mike M. wrote:

> Jetty works standalone.  We need to use tomcat to share it with other apps so
> we're not planning on using jetty through apache.

ok. next question: does tomcat work standalone? if yes then this
suggests some problem with mod_jk

> I don't have any proxy stuff set up yet as I thought that might only be needed
> for production deployment to remap urls.  Right now I don't care that /lenya is
> in the url (I can worry about proxy mapping when I'm ready to put this in
> production).  Unless this is necessary for bxe to work?  Everything else seems
> to work but bxe.

not necessary

Posted by "Mike M." <le...@mordent.com>.

> your saying jetty works standalone, or when you are accessing it through
> apache? what is your proxying / mod_jk setup?

Hi,

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.