Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Ryan Cole <ry...@rycole.com> on 2012/03/29 03:07:37 UTC

Possible to poll JobTracker for information from any language?

Hello,

I'm interested in writing a library, to be used with Node.js, that can ask
the JobTracker for information about jobs. I see that this is possible
using the Java API, with the JobClient interface [1]. I also saw that on
the wiki, it mentions that clients can poll the JobTracker for information,
but does not go into detail [2]. Is it possible to get information about
jobs from the JobTracker using C, or C++, or Thrift, or something else?

Thanks,
Ryan

1.
http://hadoop.apache.org/common/docs/r1.0.1/mapred_tutorial.html#Job+Submission+and+Monitoring
2. http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/JobTracker

Re: Possible to poll JobTracker for information from any language?