Posted to dev@iotdb.apache.org by Haonan Hou <hh...@qq.com.INVALID> on 2022/10/20 10:32:40 UTC

The structure of distribution

Hi all,

We will release v1.0 in the nearly future, it's time to decide the final version
of distribution structure. After investigate other projects, like Hadoop and
Spark. I think it will be better that remove the confignode and datanode folder,
and combine their script and configuration files into the conf and sbin under
IOTDB_HOME. The design document is in [1].

I also submitted a PR[2] to make such changes, in where you can find the
screenshot of new structure.

[1] https://apache-iotdb.feishu.cn/docx/doxcnFpCzjZadvMPQHUROW4mrTe
[2] https://github.com/apache/iotdb/pull/7672

Best,
—————————
Haonan Hou

Re: The structure of distribution

Posted by Chao Wang <cc...@163.com>.
+1

Thanks!

Chao Wang
BONC ltd
ccgowork@163.com
On 10/22/2022 15:15,Jialin Qiao<qi...@apache.org> wrote:
Hi,

In the new distribution folder, we move all these scripts into sbin folder.
Move the remove-datanode.sh into tools is also ok, we could rename it
to node-tool (support removing confignode and datanode).

node-tool.sh -r nodeid

What do you think?

Thanks,
—————————————————
Jialin Qiao
Apache IoTDB PMC

Chao Wang <cc...@163.com> 于2022年10月22日周六 15:07写道:

Hi,

yes, it's a tool now,  sorry for my mistake.  And, move it to tools directory seems more suitable.

Thanks!

Chao Wang
BONC ltd
ccgowork@163.com
On 10/22/2022 14:49,Jialin Qiao<qi...@apache.org> wrote:
Hi,

If I don't misremember, the remove-datanode.sh is indeed a tool with
which we can remove any datanode in the cluster...

Thanks,
—————————————————
Jialin Qiao
Apache IoTDB PMC

Chao Wang <cc...@163.com> 于2022年10月22日周六 14:43写道:

Hi,
I think "start-datanode.sh -r"  is ok, means start with remove mode.  The remove-datanode.sh seems more like a tool with which we can remove any datanode in the cluster.

Thanks!

Chao Wang
BONC ltd
ccgowork@163.com
On 10/22/2022 11:45,Jialin Qiao<qi...@apache.org> wrote:
Hi,

If we use one script, what should we naming it, start-datanode.sh or others?

Just feel "start-datanode.sh -r" look strange, user may also need to
read the UserGuide to find the removing function.
If we put remove-datanode.sh in sbin, users could find it directly under sbin.

Thanks,
—————————————————
Jialin Qiao
Apache IoTDB PMC

Chao Wang <cc...@163.com> 于2022年10月22日周六 10:56写道:

And, why do we need remove-datanode.sh and remove-confignode.sh scripts? I think those two scripts need to be merged into start-datanode.sh and start-confignode.sh, after all, they only have one parameter diffierence.

Thanks!

Chao Wang
BONC ltd
ccgowork@163.com
On 10/21/2022 17:52,Chao Wang<cc...@163.com> wrote:
+1

Thanks!

Chao Wang
BONC ltd
ccgowork@163.com
On 10/21/2022 09:15,Houliang Qi<ne...@163.com> wrote:
+1

Thanks,
---------------------------------------
Houliang Qi
BONC, Ltd

---- Replied Message ----
| From | Jialin Qiao<qi...@apache.org> |
| Date | 10/20/2022 23:56 |
| To | <de...@iotdb.apache.org> |
| Subject | Re: The structure of distribution |
+1
—————————————————
Jialin Qiao
Apache IoTDB PMC