Posted to dev@ripple.apache.org by Brent Lintner <br...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/15 16:43:55 UTC

Project Copyright?

Hey all,

I was wondering: once the project's codebase is officially contributed
(i.e. pushed) to an ASF git repo, what does this mean for Copyright?

Does the Copyright change from this point onward? Or will it (or should it)
remain as Copyright Research In Motion?

I've poked around the SGA (although I am not a legal guy, lol), and also
looked at a Cordova (Apache) git repo's NOTICE file, which seems to say
that yes, we should..

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-cordova-android.git;a=blob;f=NOTICE;h=b2157b66ea90bef87a276506335b482f93be1ce5;hb=HEAD

..but I am still not 100% sure, regarding our situation, and would
appreciate any insight into this, and if this is something we will need to
do after contributing the code. :-)

Thanks!

--
Brent

Re: Project Copyright?

Posted by Brent Lintner <br...@gmail.com>.
Thank you very much for the information/clarifications (Jukka & Gord, as
well)! :-)

--
Brent

Re: Project Copyright?

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: Project Copyright?

Posted by Gord Tanner <gt...@gmail.com>.
we do it after the code is in the repo.

It is an item that needs to be done before we graduate.