Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by vela <ve...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/13 08:55:48 UTC

AjaxFallbackButton not working when PasswordTextField is not entered

Hello,
I have a PasswordTextField, some text fields and AjaxFallbackButton in the
form. If PasswordTextField is not entered and on sumbit of the
AjaxFallbackButton, onSubmit(AjaxRequestTarget ........, ......) is not
getting called. But when I remove the PasswordTextField and without entering
the values for the other textfields, and on submit of the
AjaxFallbackButton, onSubmit(AjaxRequestTarget ........, ......) is getting
called.

What is the reason for that?
How to make the  onSubmit(AjaxRequestTarget ........, ......) getting called
event if no values are entered for PasswordTextField, on submit of the
AjaxFallbackButton.

Re: AjaxFallbackButton not working when PasswordTextField is not entered

Posted by Linda van der Pal <lv...@heritageagenturen.nl>.
By default a PasswordTextField is required. So if you don't enter any
value in it, the validation will fail and onError will be called instead
of onSubmit. I'm guessing you didn't set the other fields to be
required, so that's why they don't break the validation.

Linda.

Posted by vela <ve...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Thank you very much for your inputs.