Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by Dietmar Kling <d....@kling-bauer.de> on 2001/07/29 18:41:51 UTC

velocity segfault

Hi,

the included Test.java give a segfault in Velocity.  I confirmed this
with my java 1.3.1
on Redhat 7.0 and Redhat 7.1. I used the prebuild velocity-1.1.jar .

he included patch to commons-collections  solves this  (You have only
include the
commons collection jar. So you need to get and to rebuild it.)
I do not know why this works.
The program expects a null-pointer exception, but it gets a segfault.
Doing it my
way works.

( LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.2.5 does not help anything.)

- dietmar

Segfaults on Redhat 7.0 / 7.1
--------------------
java -version
java version "1.3.1"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.3.1-b24)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.3.1-b24, mixed mode)

Re: velocity segfault

Posted by Incze Lajos <in...@mail.matav.hu>.
On Mon, Jul 30, 2001 at 04:33:59PM +0200, Dietmar Kling wrote:
> But if this is an issue
>
> what about putting a warning into Velocity DOCS or even
> better on the Webpage ?

Don't know. It's hard to prove, that other JVMS have no
problems. Maybe release notes can refer to it. I saw hte
warning in respect to the 1.3.1 JVM on the tomcat-dev list
but don't see that they would put any reference into the docs.

incze

Re: velocity segfault

Posted by Dietmar Kling <d....@kling-bauer.de>.
But if this is an issue

what about putting a warning into Velocity DOCS or even
better on the Webpage ?

Regards
Dietmar

Re: velocity segfault

Posted by Incze Lajos <in...@mail.matav.hu>.

Re: velocity segfault

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>.
Dietmar Kling wrote:

> I hate to reply to me own emails, but I believe i've finally found the
> reason.
>
> If i compile everything with javac 1.3.1 everything works.
> When i use the precompiled package then i get segfaults.

Really?  That's depressing :)

We'll take a look...  thx

geir

System and Software Consulting
Be well, do good work, and keep in touch.

Re: velocity segfault