Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Gene Heskett <ge...@verizon.net> on 2005/12/15 02:29:33 UTC

Re: perm probs with SA (repost as gmail accnt didn't get there)

On Wednesday 14 December 2005 02:13, Matt Kettler wrote:
>At 01:57 AM 12/14/2005, Gene Heskett wrote:
>>And I've got grep searching roughly 320 GB of drives looking for a
>> file that actually contains the string '/root/.spamassassin'.  As
>> amanda is running too, things are getting laggy, but I may have an
>> answer in the morning. :(
>
>You probably won't find it. You'll likely find spamd actually
> accessing ~/.spamassassin. However, ~/ should expand to the user's
> homedir. In the case of root that would be /root/. In the case of
> spamd, it should be somewhere else.

Well, as I've said before, it is not doing me any good to add the
-u spamd to the options, its still running as root, so ~/.spamassasin
expands to /root/.spamassassin.

And you were right, although it never returned, it also didn't find
that string.  Did I have the quotes correct above?

--
Cheers, Gene
People having trouble with vz bouncing email to me should use this