Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Rodent of Unusual Size <Ke...@Golux.Com> on 1998/05/29 00:54:06 UTC

Re: config/2309: SERVER_SUBVERSION disappears but there is NO replacement

Well, "I told you so" that this would probably come up..

#ken	P-)}

Re: config/2309: SERVER_SUBVERSION disappears but there is NO replacement

Posted by Rodent of Unusual Size <Ke...@Golux.Com>.
Dean Gaudet wrote:

> What that a user was modifying Server without modifying the code
> at all?

No, that [some of] the people who use our software would miss
SERVER_SUBVERSION and want it back.

>          Gimme a break.  I see no reason to support this.

No, *you* give *us* a break.  You're not running the million-plus
servers in the world; who died and made you omniscient?  Just
because *you* don't see a reason doesn't mean there isn't one.

Lighten up, please, eh?  :-)

#ken	P-)}

Re: config/2309: SERVER_SUBVERSION disappears but there is NO replacement

Posted by Dean Gaudet <dg...@arctic.org>.
What that a user was modifying Server without modifying the code at all?
Gimme a break.  I see no reason to support this.

Dean