Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Andrew Kennedy <an...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/07 17:19:11 UTC

Re: SessionComplete behaviour in AMQP 0-10

On 18 February 2011 12:13, Andrew Kennedy <an...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Can someone with more knowledge of AMQP 0-10 please take a look at
> QPID-3070 for me?
>
>    https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-3070
>
> Basically, I think that 'flushProcessed' does NOT need to send a
> SessionComplete (and receive an empty SessionKnownComplete) if the
> RangeSet is empty. Is this a valid thing to do according to the AMQP
> spec? Also, what about if the broker receives a SessionComplete with a
> null or empty RangeSet - could it simply NOT send back a
> SessionKnownComplete, since it would necessarily just contain an empty
> or null RangeSet also? I couln't find much about this in the
> specification...

To clarify, the change made for QPID-3070 involves NOT sending a
'SessionCompleted' command IF the range is empty, in the
Session#flushProcessed(...) method.

I have discussed this with Rob, and Gordon and Rajith also confirmed
in the JIRA comments, that this seems like a sensible optimisation for
the 0-10 protocol. I will therefore be committing this change to the
0.11 trunk.

Andrew.
--
-- andrew d kennedy ? edinburgh : +44 7582 293 255

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org