Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org> on 2013/01/01 20:42:56 UTC

Never ending major compaction?

Hi,

I have a table, with about 200 000 raws, keys is string[64] (ish) and
value is string[512].

It's splitted over 16 regions located on 7 regionservers.

So it's not a big table, and there is a lot of horsepower behind it.

I asked a major_compaction few hours ago. Let's say, about 5 hours
ago. and it's still compacting! But all servers activities seems to be
null. CPU usage is almost 0.

There is nothing on the master logs.

How can I see what's going on? Is there a way to see the compaction queue?

JM

Re: Never ending major compaction?

Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.
When I'm doing the compaction it's because one region moved to a new
server, and that's what was never ending.

I was not able to reproduce that. I will continue to keep an eye on
this and will provide logs and details if it happens again.

Posted by Adrien Mogenet <ad...@gmail.com>.

--
Adrien Mogenet
06.59.16.64.22