Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Anand Bhagwat <ab...@gmail.com> on 2015/05/04 15:00:13 UTC

Question regarding MultiReader and multiple indices

Hi,
In my application I have multiple indices which are not related and are not
similar. The fields they contain are different and the number of documents
stored in each index is also different. I want to perform a search across
indices.

1) Can I use MultiReader to do this or I need to use something else? Will
it score search results based on global TF-IDF?

2) Is it a good strategy to have different indices for such scenario or do
you guys recommend having one global index?

Regards,
Anand.