Posted to user@ant.apache.org by teknokrat <te...@yahoo.com> on 2007/02/12 21:04:33 UTC

how do i use propertyfile on windows?

When ever I use the propertyfile task to add a filepath on windows it
escapes the colon in front of the drive e.g. c:/ turns to c\:/ which
completely messes up the path. How do I make it stop escaping characters?

thanks

Re: how do i use propertyfile on windows?

Posted by teknokrat <te...@yahoo.com>.
Anderson, Rob (Global Trade) wrote:
> [...]

I need to be able to dynamically generate those paths

Re: how do i use propertyfile on windows?

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org>.
teknokrat wrote:
> Antoine Levy-Lambert wrote:
>> Hello teknokrat,
>>
>> the fact that c:/ is written as c\:/ in a property file belongs to the
>> spec of properties in Java. The : character is always escaped in
>> property files.
>>
>> Do you use the property file that you generate using <propertyfile/>
>> also with a Java program, or is it consumed by something else, such as
>> a shell script ?
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Antoine
>> -------- Original-Nachricht --------
>> Datum: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 14:08:18 -0800
>> Von: "Anderson, Rob (Global Trade)" <Ro...@nike.com>
>> An: "Ant Users List" <us...@ant.apache.org>

well, I'm afraid that you can't use propertyfile, which uses
java.util.properties. The examples in the manual show how : chars get
prefixed -this is by design in java classes.

why not just use <echo> to print something to a file?

-steve

Re: how do i use propertyfile on windows?

Posted by teknokrat <te...@yahoo.com>.

Re: RE: how do i use propertyfile on windows?

Datum: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 14:08:18 -0800
Von: "Anderson, Rob (Global Trade)" <Ro...@nike.com>
An: "Ant Users List" <us...@ant.apache.org>
CC: