Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Mark Raynsford <or...@io7m.com.INVALID> on 2018/11/01 14:52:58 UTC

PSA: You can't push POMs with child.inherit.append.path attributes to Maven Central yet

Hello!

Ran into a problem today whilst trying to push artifacts to Central
that happened to use the new MNG-5951 attributes.

See: http://blog.io7m.com/2018/11/01/you-cannot-put-that-there.xhtml
See: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-5951
See: https://issues.sonatype.org/browse/MVNCENTRAL-4085

Just letting everyone know that they'll run into this until Sonatype do
whatever updates are required.

--
Mark Raynsford | http://www.io7m.com

Re: PSA: You can't push POMs with child.inherit.append.path attributes to Maven Central yet

Posted by Mark Raynsford <or...@io7m.com.INVALID>.
On 2018-11-01T23:55:43 +0100
Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Ah, I forgot about Nexus staging checks...

I did too. :)

Actually didn't occur to me that Nexus would be doing a full evaluation
of the POM. I had sort of assumed that they'd just be parsing it and
looking for the presence of elements (using an XPath tool or something
similar).

> I also forgot to merge MNG-6059 [1], which changes the attributes names for
> more flexibility on scm urls.
>
> Looks like Maven 3.6.0 is not fully ready for this feature, will require 3.6.1
> to have a definitive solution: sorry for the mistakes, and eager to see more
> user tests to detect such issues earlier in the future

It was slightly poor timing on my part. I was incredibly busy
throughout the entire 3.6.0 release and only had time to test one
plugin. I should be more available for 3.6.1.

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.
Le samedi 3 novembre 2018, 12:36:30 CET Karl Heinz Marbaise a écrit :
> Hi Hervé,
>
> On 03/11/18 12:29, Hervé BOUTEMY wrote:
> > yes, sorry...
>
> No problem..
>
> > I already marked MNG-6059 as "fix for: 3.6.1"
> >
> > I suppose we should fix also the compatibility issue with IntelliJ, since
> > it should not be complex on our side
>
> If its that simple we should do that...
>
> But on the other hand if we change back to the previous state the IDE's
> have to change another time?  But I'm not sure about that..
IMHO, there are 2 points:
- for previous releases of the IDE, compatibility at Maven side is the only
solution: only future IDE versions can eventually protect themselves against
incompatibilities introduced at Maven level
- 3.6.1 will be released quickly, before 3.6.0 is widely deployed, and
eventually before updated IDE versions are deployed

it's like MNG-6059 implementation in 3.6.1+ that will replace MNG-5951 in
3.6.0 only: the 3.6.0 implementation will soon be forgotten...

Regards,

Hervé

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.
I want to fix it: how can I reproduce the issue?
I'm not an usual Idea user, need basic info to install it and reproduce the
issue...

Regards,

Hervé

Posted by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com>.