Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Christopher Snow <sn...@snowconsulting.co.uk> on 2010/05/17 22:26:48 UTC

documentation on creating help pages

Is there any documentation on writing help pages for the help system?

Many thanks,

Chris

compile error on trunk and 10.04, revision 945444

Posted by Matt Warnock <mw...@ridgecrestherbals.com>.
Trying to compile the latest trunk on a Debian stable system using
openJDK 1.6 and ant 1.7. Checked out revision 945444 thru 945449 of
trunk, 10.04, and 09.04.

09.04 compiles fine, but both 10.04 and trunk fail, with the following
errors:

[javac16] /home/ofbiz/release10.04/applications/product/src/org/ofbiz/product/product/ProductSearchSession.java:1231: cannot find symbol
  [javac16] symbol  : method
add(java.util.Map<java.lang.String,java.lang.Object>)
  [javac16] location: interface
java.util.List<java.util.Map<java.lang.String,java.lang.String>>
  [javac16]
featureCountList.add(UtilMisc.toMap("productFeatureId", (String)
searchResult.get("pfacProductFeatureId"), "productFeatureTypeId",
(String) searchResult.get("pfcProductFeatureTypeId"), "description",
(String) searchResult.get("pfcDescription"), "featureCount",
Long.toString((Long) searchResult.get("featureCount"))));
  [javac16]                             ^

/home/ofbiz/release10.04/build.xml:195: The following error occurred
while executing this line:
/home/ofbiz/release10.04/applications/build.xml:67: The following error
occurred while executing this line:
/home/ofbiz/release10.04/macros.xml:27: The following error occurred
while executing this line:
/home/ofbiz/release10.04/common.xml:92: Compile failed; see the compiler
[javac16] Compiling 55 source files
to /home/ofbiz/release10.04/applications/product/build/classes

Has something changed in 10.04 or should I be doing soemthing
differently?

--
Matt Warnock <mw...@ridgecrestherbals.com>
RidgeCrest Herbals, Inc.

Re: compile error on trunk and 10.04, revision 945444

Posted by Matt Warnock <mw...@ridgecrestherbals.com>.
Have tried it with and without "ant clean" before, usually running "ant
run-install", but also various other "ant" and "./ant" targets. Not sure
I understand the difference between ./ant and the system ant.

Wish I understood the error messages better.

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
what the error says in that it can not find a certain class in the
classpath. my guess is the map method which would be in the JDK runtime.

as far as debian Adam Health is the one that puts Debian specific items
in.  Not sure he reads the user mailing list. Might give him a shout on
the dev ML.

I have not run 10;.04 on my centos which as Open JDK, but I doubt it is
the same distro as debian.
I am downloading through eclipse on to my dev machine it is slow.
so will let you know if it compiles, later this day.

=========================
BJ Freeman
http://bjfreeman.elance.com
Strategic Power Office with Supplier Automation <http://www.businessesnetwork.com/automation/viewforum.php?f=93>
Specialtymarket.com <http://www.specialtymarket.com/>

Systems Integrator-- Glad to Assist

Chat  Y! messenger: bjfr33man
Linkedin

Matt Warnock sent the following on 5/17/2010 11:59 PM:

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
No problems OOTB either here (XP)

Jacques

From: "BJ Freeman" <bj...@free-man.net>

Posted by Matt Warnock <mw...@ridgecrestherbals.com>.
The machine in question is AMD Turion 64bit, 2 processors, 16GB of real
memory.  But I also see the same errors on my Core2 Duo laptop, running
Ubuntu 10.04, with 4GB memory.  That one *USED* to compile OK, but that
was like 2 months ago.

I am not doing anything to set memory requirements.  I don't have a
JAVA_HOME or ANT environment variable set, I thought on Linux that was
not required, am I wrong?  Like I said, it worked before, but maybe its
not seeing the right classpath.

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.

Re: compile error on trunk and 10.04, revision 945444 SOLVED (workaround)

Posted by Matt Warnock <mw...@ridgecrestherbals.com>.
Th problem appears to be openjdk-specific.
If after doing "apt-get install java-6-sun-jdk" I then run
"update-java-alternatives --list" I get three options:
java-6-openjdk 1061 /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk
java-6-sun 63 /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun
java-gcj 1042 /usr/lib/jvm/java-gcj

If I then run "update-java-alternatives --set java-6-sun"
then it compiles fine.

If I change back with "update-java-alternatives --set java-6-openjdk" it
breaks again.  But 9.04 compiles fine under openjdk, like I said. Still
don't know what openjdk is missing on Debian stable, but the Sun java
package apparently supplies it.

BTW, just out of curiosity, what is the purpose of "./ant", and why
would it be needed?  It seems to set JAVA, look for an
"ant-launcher.jar" file (of which there are several in my system, but
none in this directory tree, should I worry?) and then launch java,
which I assume runs the ant application.  How is this different from
the /usr/bin/ant shell script, which seems to do a lot more, but in the
same general vein?  Is the ./ant just a quick-and-dirty version of the
same thing?  Is there a reason I should use one or the other?

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
no problem many times I ask questions that I later wish I could retract.

=========================
BJ Freeman
http://bjfreeman.elance.com

Systems Integrator-- Glad to Assist

Chat  Y! messenger: bjfr33man
Linkedin

Jonatan Soto sent the following on 6/10/2010 4:44 PM:

Posted by Jonatan Soto <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
remember java i byte code.

Posted by Jonatan Soto <se...@gmail.com>.
Very clever. Thanks BJ.

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
yes so I just do

Posted by Jonatan Soto <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Matt Warnock <mw...@ridgecrestherbals.com>.
Apparently OpenJDK is not supported.  I moved to Sun JDK and the problem
went away.

Posted by Jonatan Soto <se...@gmail.com>.
Hi Matt,

Posted by Matt Warnock <mw...@ridgecrestherbals.com>.
Sounds right.  Thanks to all who helped and made suggestions.  I was
(and remain) over my head.  But at least it's running now. :)

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.

Posted by Matt Warnock <mw...@ridgecrestherbals.com>.

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Matt Warnock <mw...@ridgecrestherbals.com>.

Posted by Matt Warnock <mw...@ridgecrestherbals.com>.
First compile on this machine.  Have not run into this issue on other
machines before.

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
last build dot say

Re: documentation on creating help pages

Posted by Hans Bakker <ma...@antwebsystems.com>.
Yes that is also suppoprted see the same document as i mentioned before.
There are also examples in there..

Regards,
Hans

--
Ofbiz on twitter: http://twitter.com/apache_ofbiz
Myself on twitter: http://twitter.com/hansbak

Re: documentation on creating help pages

Posted by Christopher Snow <sn...@snowconsulting.co.uk>.

Re: documentation on creating help pages howto

Posted by Hans Bakker <ma...@antwebsystems.com>.
Thanks for the tip, documentation page is updated.
Regards,
Hans

Posted by Christopher Snow <sn...@snowconsulting.co.uk>.

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
you can install just the demo data for the help.
look up
ant -p for the install file target.
then just install the demo files you want

=========================
BJ Freeman
http://bjfreeman.elance.com
Strategic Power Office with Supplier Automation <http://www.businessesnetwork.com/automation/viewforum.php?f=93>
Specialtymarket.com <http://www.specialtymarket.com/>

Systems Integrator-- Glad to Assist

Chat  Y! messenger: bjfr33man
Linkedin

Christopher Snow sent the following on 5/17/2010 9:19 PM:

Posted by Hans Bakker <ma...@antwebsystems.com>.
Hi Chris,

Posted by Christopher Snow <sn...@snowconsulting.co.uk>.

Posted by Christopher Snow <sn...@snowconsulting.co.uk>.