Posted to bridges-user@portals.apache.org by "Kofford, C Todd" <tk...@ku.edu> on 2008/01/18 18:07:38 UTC

Define a filter for a Portals Struts Bridge Portlet?

I have a portlet which I have implemented in a uportal deployment that
uses the Portals Struts Bridge, but I need to define a filter for it
(similar to a Servlet Filter) so that I can do some pre & post
processing of the requests to the portlet. However, I don't seem to be
having any luck. Below is what I have tried so far.

1) I first tried a Servlet Filter on the struts app web.xml. It didn't
respond when run as a portlet in uportal.
2) I next tried to define a Servlet Filter for my uportal web.xml, but
couldn't get a consistent URL pattern (from uportal) for my struts
portlet. So this didn't work either.
3) I looked at the FilterPortlet class, but couldn't figure out how to
setup a filter mapping (like a Servlet Filter) in my portlet.xml file.

Any Suggestions?

Todd Kofford
tkofford@ku.edu
University of Kansas - IT