Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Paul Foxworthy <pa...@cohsoft.com.au> on 2011/09/13 04:56:37 UTC

Re: Verify Pick Issue... Can anybody reply please?

Sorry Rifki,

I tried it with version 10.04 and there was a mysterious issue with Verify
not clearing lines from previous orders when I entered an orderId and
shipGroupId, so the verify did not complete when I expected it to. I can't
afford to spend any more time on this. It works better for me in trunk, but
I haven't identified what changes between 10.04 and now have caused that.

Cheers

Paul Foxworthy

Posted by Paul Foxworthy <pa...@cohsoft.com.au>.
Hi Rifki,

My patch in OFBIZ-4365 was against revision 1156416, but I suggest you if
you're are trying out trunk you start with the latest.

One thing: Verify Pick doesn't allow part shipping of a ship group at all.
Its purpose is simply to verify you have picked everything for an order. So
if you want to use Verify, and you can't ship the correct quantity of all
items in a ship group, you would need to return to the order, create another
ship group, and reallocate items between them. This is a little clumsy -
ship groups are supposed to be for the *customer* to define desired delivery
dates, shipping methods, and so on.

However, you don't *have* to use the Verify at all. If it doesn't suit your
business processes, you can hide it altogether from your users.

If you create a picklist for an order and go straight to packing, it will
warn you if you haven't packed everything expected by the order, and give
you the option to force a partial shipment anyway. The order will not be
completed, and when additional items come in stock you will be able to
generate another picklist to complete it. It might be nice to have similar
functionality to force a partial shipment in Verify, but it's not there at
present.

Cheers

Paul Foxworthy