Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Sebastien Goasguen <ru...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/07 21:09:52 UTC

Re: mem.overprovisioning.facto and KVM

@Marcus, could you comment on this: is mem over provisioning supposed to work with KVM ?

Posted by Nikolay Kabadjov <ni...@yahoo.com>.
Hello Kirk,
thanks for the explanation!

Regards,
Niki

On Monday, October 7, 2013 10:43 PM, Kirk Kosinski <ki...@gmail.com> wrote:

There's no support for memory overprovisioning in CS 4.1.1 and earlier.
That global parameter causes a lot of confusion since despite the name
it does not enable memory overprovisioning.  Memory overprivisioning
support has been added to CS 4.2, but it uses cluster-level settings and
not the global parameter.  This is explained in the admin guide, and the
design details are here:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/CPU+and+RAM+Overcommit

Best regards,
Kirk

has been added in 4.2, but read the documentation

Posted by Kirk Kosinski <ki...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nitin Mehta <Ni...@citrix.com>.
Just the cluster should be fine, changing the global will not affect the
existing cluster's settings, but newly created clusters will inherit from
them.
For more info do read
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/CPU+and+RAM+Overcomm
it